DisplayPort Over USB-C
The most advanced A/V display connection technology now uses the most versatile connector.
- Full DisplayPort audio/video (A/V) performance (up to 8k at 60Hz)
- SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1) data
- Up to 100 watts of power over a single cable
- Reversible plug orientation and cable direction
- Backward compatibility to VGA, DVI, and HDMI with plug adapters or adapter cables
- Adapters supports HDMI 2.0a and full 4K UHD resolution
“Long awaited, the Power Deliver 2.0 specification defined new standards for power delivery to allow Type-C USB ports to supply devices with much greater amounts of power than the previous standard allowed, now up to 5A at 5V, 12V, and 20V, for a maximum power delivery of 100W.”
Get DisplayPort Over USB Type-C
In the market for a new device? Look for full DisplayPort A/V performance with monitor resolutions of 4K and beyond, plus SuperSpeed USB and system power over a single connector.
Dell Latitude 7280
DisplayPort over USB-C Technical Details
DisplayPort leverages the Alternate Mode Functional Extension of the USB Type-C interface, and shares similar electrical characteristics with USB 3.1, allowing use of common system elements.
- Video, SuperSpeed USB and power, all on one connector
- 4K @60Hz 24-bit color (without compression) with simultaneous USB 3.1
- 5K (5120 x 2880) display support without compression with simultaneous USB 2.0
- Support for BT.2020 color space, HDR, and HDCP 2.2
- 8K x 4K display support with use of 4:2:0 pixel structure (good) or VESA Display Stream Compression (better)
- High-end multichannel audio support
- Backward compatible with VGA, DVI, and HDMI 2.0 with CEC using plug adapters or adapter cables
- Extensible packet-based data structure